Magnolia Pharmacy Community Based Residency Program affiliated with The University of Texas College of Pharmacy
About The Program:
The goal of the Magnolia Pharmacy residency program is to educate the pharmacist on the daily operations of a community pharmacy while incorporating new clinical programs and workflows to expand the pharmacist role in patient care.
What Makes Our Residency Exceptional:
- Partnership with University of Texas College of Pharmacy-Nationally ranked pharmacy program
- Come work with experienced industry leaders. 100% of all pharmacists have advanced training in wellness, nutrition, bioidentical hormone replacement, dermatology, and compounding
- Hands on experience in learning the ins and outs of owning and operating an independent pharmacy
- Direct experience with staff in one of the leading compounding pharmacies in the country
- Efficient workflow and time management with resident focused scheduling to allow ample opportunity for learning
- Located in scenic Magnolia, TX in Northwest Houston. Some of the North and Northwest suburbs in Houston have been named one of the best places in the country
What to Expect:
The resident will complete their residency at Magnolia Pharmacy in Magnolia, Texas. Residents will undertake learning experiences in areas including sterile and non-sterile compounding, point of care testing, health and wellness based nutrition and lifestyle counseling, collaborative academia education, patient focused dispensing with enhanced clinical monitoring and adherence assistance programs, MTM, and pharmacy operations and management skills.
Meet Our Current Resident
Hometown: Brownsville, Texas
Education: I completed my undergraduate prerequisites at the University of the Incarnate Word (UIW) before pursuing my Doctor of Pharmacy degree at UIW’s Feik School of Pharmacy.
Professional interests: Functional Medicine, Complementary and Alternative Medicine, Veterinary Care, and Entrepreneurship.
Career Goals: I aim to own a functional medicine consulting business to serve both humans and animals alongside an interdisciplinary team.
Free time activities: I enjoy crafting, seeking new experiences, and spending quality time with family and friends.
Why you chose Magnolia Pharmacy: The team’s passion for personalized medicine paired with their diverse experience and expertise make Magnolia Pharmacy the ideal environment to begin my career as a pharmacist.